Best Brow Shaping in Chicago
Pop 5: Best Spots For a Brow Shaping
Welcome back to the Pop 5, featuring Chicago's best places to do anything and everything. Last week, we told you about the best facials in the city. This week, we're still talking about Summer beauty and rounding up your picks for Chicago's best brow-shaping spots.
- Alessandra Rosa at Exhale Spa (945 North State St., 312-753-6500) has been in the brow biz for more than 20 years. The queen of creating natural yet polished arches designed to beautifully frame your face, Alessandra sees more than 300 clients a month. As an added bonus, the spa setting provides a sense of relaxation, and if you have time, the opportunity for a pre- or postwax trip to the steam room or relaxation lounge.
- PopSugar contributor Rebecca Taras spotted some killer eyebrows coming out of the Lincoln Park location of Sine Qua Non (2766 N. Lincoln Ave., 773-871-2280; 3417 N. Lincoln Ave., 773-404-8789; 5057 N. Clark St., 773-649-0101; 2038 W. Chicago Ave., 773-252-4700). Book genius brow shapers Rebecca or Anne. Waxing is the house specialty, but threading and tweezing are also available.
- Mireille's Studio (49 E. Oak St., 3rd Fl., 312-587-8727) is dedicated to rehabilitating overpluckers (you know you're out there!). Passionate about eyebrows, the Gold Coast spot offers an array of brow options, including waxing, tinting, and lightening in order to give your eyes the most beautiful frame possible. They swear their eyebrow services will make a dramatic difference in your looks in just minutes.
- Cosmetics company Benefit is so dedicated to beautiful eyebrows, that they've opened brow bars across the country, including locations within Chicago's Macy's, Bloomingdale's, and ULTA shops. The signature brow arch service begins with a consultation to determine your best brow shape and ends with a brightened, lifted look. While all of the locations have awesome pros, Nadia at the Bloomingdale's Benefit Brow Bar (900 N. Michigan Ave., 312-440-4233) has quite the loyal following; call in advance to make sure she's available.
- Waxing and threading is a passion for the staff at Lincoln Park Waxing Studio (2102 N. Clark St., 773-661-1642), where a highly experienced staff uses state-of-the-art equipment and natural products to make the eyebrow experience as painless as possible. While waxing is available, the spot specializes in threading for eyebrow cleanup and design. After a threading sesh, your brows will look better than ever.