Best Flower Shops in Chicago
The 5 Best Flower Shops in Chicago
Welcome to our newest PopSugar City feature. Each week, we'll ask you about your favorite spots in the city — to get a massage, roam the great outdoors, buy ballerina flats . . . basically the places you pick to do anything and everything in Chicago. This week: the five best flower shops.
- Jayson Home & Garden (1885 N. Clybourn Ave., 800-472-1885) is known for carrying the city's best selection of classic-meets-modern home furniture and accessories, but just as impressive is the floral selection. The shop gets new flowers in each day and creates contemporary, beautiful arrangements (see the tulip bouquet at right), which they deliver anywhere in the Chicago area.
- Larkspur (2123 N. Damen Ave., 773-489-2898) owner Beth Barnett has spent more than 15 years creating arrangements for weddings, corporate events, and personal clients. The space was designed to inspire with an exotic, extensive selection of flowers and plants from around the world — displayed next to organic peonies and sweet pea from Larkspur's own personal flower farm in Michigan.
- Dilly Lily (742 W. Fullerton Pkwy., 773-404-0602) is run by a passionate group of flower experts who create arrangements for special events and for clients looking for a cute bouquet for a friend or family member (check out one at below left). The shop's flower style runs the gamut from classic bouquets to modern blooms, and they're more than willing to create a personalized look that appeals to your fave floral aesthetic.
- Asrai Garden (1935 W. North Ave., 773-782-0680) is one the hippest flower shops I've ever seen, adding a hard-edged, rock 'n' roll vibe to its florals. The shop, which opened in 1999, operates on the philosophy that flowers are naturally beautifully and shouldn't be forced into unnatural shapes, so blooms are kept out in the open in glass jars and vases, and arrangements are hand tied and feel totally organic.
- Suzanne Cummings Flowers (630 W. Webster Ave., 773-880-9805) takes an extremely sophisticated view of floral design. Cummings studied with famed florist Jane Packer of London, and her exquisite hand-tied bouquets (see one below right) are elegant, artistic, and super luxurious. She also offers Atelier Classes for those looking to learn more about flower design.