Chicago's Best Salons
Pop 5: Your Fave Salons to Get Beautified
Welcome back to the Pop 5, featuring Chicago's best places to do anything and everything. Last week, we told you about the best places to get a faux glow. This week, we're sticking with Summer beauty and rounding up your picks for Chicago's best salons.
- Almost every single one of the Yelp reviews for Kelly Cardenas (1909 W. North Ave., 773-342-4474) salon is five stars, so it's no surprise it made the cut! Aside from the head, neck, and shoulder massage you receive before your service, this salon is notable for its stylists who transform bad haircuts or color and revive styleless locks without leaving your comfort zone. Extra kudos for super-friendly customer service.
- Two of our amaze PopSugar gals, Korey Karnes Huyler and Nikki Kaapke, are dedicated to Maxine (712 N. Rush St., 312-751-1511) salon, as are many of you! The three-story brownstone has received copious local and national press thanks to the highly trained stylists and colorists who are constantly educating themselves on the latest trends and techniques. Fun fact: over the years, stars like Ozzy Osbourne, Anika Noni Rose, Giada De Laurentiis, Eliza Dushku, and Pink have graced the styling chairs.
- Everyone is always buzzin' about Salon Buzz (1 E. Delaware Pl., 310 W. Superior St., 312-943-5454)! Aside from not being hard on the eyes, owner Andreas Zafiriadis has successfully grown his two salons to meet the needs of more than 1,500 clients per week. Depending on your hair goals, wet- and/or dry-cutting techniques are used to achieve some of the most stylish cuts in town. Buzz has also garnered a national rep for its color services.
- If you read my A Day in the Life with Chloe Ifergan, then you know her father (Charles Ifergan) is a hair king of Chicago. With four salon locations under his belt, Charles Ifergan's salon and spas have been highlighted in national and local print and television press for trendsetting looks and industry savvy, positioning them as Windy City favorites. Need proof? Check out the amaze before and after pics on its website!
- We love the story behind Art + Science (1554 N. Milwaukee Ave., 773-227-4247; 1971 N. Halsted St., 312-787-4247) salons. In a nutshell, four fabulous hairdressers with an international pedigree (working together at salons in London and New York and styling hair at fashion shows and photo shoots in Paris, Tokyo, and Milan) found themselves in the Windy City. They amalgamated everything they knew into a salon that offers worldly style without an attitude. An added bennie: the salon only uses organic prods like MOP, ABBA, and Framesi.