Chicago's Best Shopping Streets
Pop 5: Chicago's Best Shopping Streets
Welcome back to Pop 5! Last week we started our shopping series by detailing the best jewelry stores in Chicago, and this week, we're moving on to our favorite high streets. Whether you like indie boutiques, big-name retailers, or luxury brands, there's the perfect shopping street just for you. Check out our five faves below.
- Damen Avenue is a hot spot for independently owned shops like p.45 (1643 N. Damen Ave., 773-862-4523) and Tangerine (1719 N. Damen Ave., 773-772-0505) — still two of my favorite places to shop. But over the past few years the street has become a hub for independently minded but big-time designers, including Chicago native Cynthia Rowley, Marc Jacobs, and Alexis Bittar.
- There's a reason Michigan Avenue (shown above) is called the Mag Mile; you won't find better one-street shopping many places in the world. And with the openings of new stores like Topshop (830 N. Michigan Ave., 312-280-6834), AllSaints (700 N. Michigan Ave., 312-283-0400), and, soon, Henri Bendel (835 N. Michigan Ave.), the Mile just keeps getting better and better.
- Rush Street is populated with designer duds at Marc Jacobs Collection (11 E. Walton St., 312-649-7260) and Barneys (15 E. Oak St., 312-587-1700), Winter must haves at UGG (909 N. Rush St., 312-255-1280), which has found new, posttrend life, workout wear at lululemon (930 N. Rush St., 312-915-0627), and my favorite Intermix (40 E. Delaware Pl., 312-640-2922). Around the corner on Oak Street, you'll find covetable clothing at Sofia (72 E. Oak St., 312-640-0878), bridal perfection at Vera Wang and Ultimate Bride, and so much more.
- Armitage Avenue is the place to shop in Lincoln Park. From shoe emporium Lori's (824 W. Armitage Ave., 773-281-5655) and Intermix (841 W. Armitage Ave., 773-404-8766) to a beautiful Paper Source (919 W. Armitage Ave., 773-525-7300) and my favorite chocolate spot Vosges Haut-Chocolat (951 W. Armitage Ave., 773-296-9866), there's always a good reason to stop by Armitage.
- The Southport corridor has a little something for everyone. Sweet boutiques like Perchance (3512 N. Southport Ave., 773-868-1545), Krista K (3458 N. Southport Ave., 773-248-1967), and Cerato Boutique (3451 N. Southport Ave., 773-248-8604); one of the most beautiful Anthropologie (3532 N. Southport Ave., 773-935-2693) stores you'll ever see; and the always delicious Southport Grocery and Café (3552 N. Southport Ave., 773-665-0100), the perfect place to pick up lunch or a cupcake after a big day of shopping.
Source: The Magnificent Mile